Thursday, August 14, 2008

Letting go of what I think it should look like.

I arrived in Hawaii on August 1st 2008. It was beautiful! The weather was perfect and the landscaping out of a dream. I was supposed to spend a week here with my good friend Kelsey just to relax and unwind. The week was perfect! We did everything from snorkeling at hanama bay to hiking wamea and bbq-ing with new friends made on the beach. It was everything we hoped for and more. Our plane was scheduled to leave on August 8th at 3:15pm in the afternoon. As I was packing I realised that I didn't want to leave. My life back in Arizona just didn't seem to be worth going back to. Of course my family is there and they are my life, but I began to think about how I really haven't experienced too much other then living in Arizona and always trying to come up with the next step to take in my life there. I was talking to my friend Robin who we were staying with here in Hawaii and she said I should just stay, even for a month, and check things out. Just see if maybe this is where the Lord needs me to be at this time of my life. I made the decision to stay minutes before leaving to the airport!! I feel like I am going a little crazy, but even the few days I have stayed I have experienced more and met more new people then I ever did living in Arizona. Since I've been here I have been taking the bus everywhere, since I don't have my car. Every time I ride the bus I meet someone new! I began to realize that sometimes having all the luxuries of life can limit you. You stay in your house until it's time to go to work, then you get in your car and drive, then when you're at work you see the same people, then you go home to familiar surroundings and that's it! I realized that there's no adventure in that! I have been broke since I've been here, but I have experienced some life! It's refreshing. I keep praying everyday that I will be guided by Heavenly Fathers hand as to where I need to be. I feel a little lost and scared, but at the same time I know that I am not alone. Heavenly Father is aware of me. He knows where I am and what my needs are. I am so grateful for the knowledge of the Gospel. It is such a treasure and I know that I am so blessed and privileged to be a part of such an amazing organization as The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I am excited for whatever the Lord has in store for me while on the Island of Oahu. He is my constant guide and comforter and I am thankful for that. Right now I'm just letting go of what I think it should look like and I am letting the companionship of the holy spirit guide my path!

3 Comments:

Blogger Nome : Giovenale Nino Sassi said...

a greeting from Italy

August 14, 2008 at 3:30 PM  
Blogger Mandee said...

We miss you Julee, but you are a strong, brave woman! I am so proud of you for stepping out of your comfort zone and making the most out of life. You have always been a great example to me! I love you! Be careful!!!!!

August 14, 2008 at 4:08 PM  
Blogger woodsfam said...

You go girl! I'm so glad that you are living life to it's fullest! We miss you already, so I'm glad that you have a blog so we can peep and see what your up to! Love you tons!

August 14, 2008 at 8:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home