Friday, September 12, 2008

Tomorrow the sun will rise!

I just wanted to add a little update on my life! I moved back from Hawaii on August 23rd. The reason why I didn't stay is because I prayed, and fasted about staying or coming home, and I felt a strong impression that home was where I needed to be. I guess that when I was there, I didn't realize how much I actually did leave behind, including friends who loved me, missed me, and needed me. I talked to my good friend Heather Curtis on the phone that expressed her need for my friendship. I believe it was that conversation that gave me my answer to come home. There was so much more that made sense about being home rather then being in Hawaii without my family, friends, a car, or a job. Before I had left for Hawaii, my bishop here in my home ward was working on some goals with me. We decided that these goals were what were going to change my life for the better and make me happy. I realized that I could better accomplish these goals back in Arizona. I had a school down the street, a free place to live, the love and encouragement of my friends, family, and church leaders, and many jobs to be had. Since I have been home, my decision has been confirmed to be the right one. I have persevered through my trials and I am beginning to see the results of my perseverance. My happiness has sky rocketed and for the first time in months I remember what it's like to constantly be smiling! I am in school, in choir; I'm being social and making new friends, and mostly just completely enjoying life again! It's like a relief from a small storm that seemed to almost consume me. I always think of the movie cast away during my hard times. I remember the line where Tom Hanks character is talking to his friend, and he says, "I have to keep going, and I have to keep breathing, because tomorrow the sun will rise, and you never know what the tide is going to bring." It's weird because thinking of this and with my goals in my mind I just kept moving forward, I had to! Because I knew that somehow, someway it would be better. Then one morning I woke up. I was a little skinnier, a little healthier, I had so much going for me and so much to be grateful for, and I looked in the mirror and I knew that everything was going to be ok, infact it was going to be magnificent! So here I am continuing on my little journey with faith in my heart and a little bounce to my step, and I am happy again. I know that this was only possible through the Atonement of Jesus Christ! ALL things can be healed through the Atonement if we will just reach out and take the Lords hand and let him guide us along "beyond this veil of sorrow into a far better land of promise." I am so thankful for this knowledge. It is such a treasure and a gift and I will never let it go! I will hold fast continually to the rod of iron until I fall and partake of the sweet fruit of eternal life!

3 Comments:

Blogger Mandee said...

Julee, I don't know if you know this, but you have always been a rock! I feel like you are the older sister sometimes because of the great example you have always been to me (not to mention I steal all your makeup, clothes, and watch how you do your hair so I can do mine the same:)). You have ALWAYS been so beautiful on the inside and out. I aspire to be like you and have the strength that you have. Thank you for the best friend you have always been to me and for your strong testimony that has never wavered. I love you Jules!

September 15, 2008 at 9:25 AM  
Blogger bri said...

Hello Julee,
We ran across your profile on LDS Singles. We have a brother that is 27 and moved to AZ about a year ago. If your interested there is a picture of him on my blog. www.weirfamily01.blogspot.com The picture is of him, my sister and me. Take Care! Bri
If you want leave a comment with your email.

November 19, 2008 at 2:19 PM  
Blogger bri said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

November 19, 2008 at 2:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home